Sunday, March 21, 2010

Microfilm anyone?


A couple weeks ago I was very fortunate to be gifted with a HUGE box full of microfilm and another HUGE box full of microfiche that the library was getting rid of. Lets just say if rolls of microfilm & envelopes of microfiche were money, I'd be off living it up on a beach in the Caribbean right about now.

The Looker, 4x8 on cradled hardboard

Here is my first attempt at using some of my new acquired materials in a collage. I was worried at first that the gel medium wouldn't work with the film or that my spray fixativ wouldn't stay put, but I'm happy to say that I didn't have any problems with the film at all.



So I'll definitely use it in future collages...probably every collage...for the rest of my life. Did I mention that I have a LOT of microfilm & microfiche at my house?


If you'd like to take some of it off of my hands, I'd be happy to send it out and spread the wealth a bit. Just shoot me an e-mail at lislis32@hotmail.com and let me know your name and address.

~Alisa

12 comments:

whyte said...

What a jackpot!! Love what you are doing right now with your transfers and discovered your new etsy shop this morning! Congrats on both, the jackpot and the new shop!

Artsnark said...

very cool.Congrats all around. Hope you have a Happy Easter

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth said...

I love this. The microfilm adds a lovely depth - so pretty. Wish I lived in the right country to take some off your hands!

Erin Butson said...

yum. This looks so fun to play with.what a gift! enjoy...

Anonymous said...

Dear Alisa,
Just wanted to stop in and tell you hello! Hope you and your family are having a great summer!
Hugs!
Bridget

Carla Trujillo said...

Hi Alisa,

Your art work is just amazing! Do you have a shop where you sell your work?
Thanks for stopping by my blog and participating in the blog giveaway!

Micrographic Equipment said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Digital Microfilm Scanner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Digital Microfilm Scanner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Digital Microfilm Scanner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Digital Microfilm Scanner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.