Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter pictures and photoshop fun


Before I had children, I was dependable, reliable, a clean freak (so to speak) and always-on-time. I don’t know what has happened to that person, but I haven’t seen her since my girls were born. Now we’re lucky if we’re only 15 minutes late to an event. Ella has only been on time for school two or three times this entire school year. Lucky for me it’s just preschool.



So, needless to say I’m a little late in getting these Easter pictures up. But better late than never, right? Part of the reason for the delay was my new-found obsession with photoshop. Thanks to the sun and nice weather, I’ve been able to break out my good outdoor camera that has been sleeping in the closet all winter. And with that amazing camera comes some pretty amazing pics…even if I do say so myself. I’ve always been interested in photography and have read my share of on-line tutorials and digital photography books, but really…the camera does all the work. I’ve added my own touches using photoshop. Take a peek.


On a completely different topic…can someone please explain just why it is that women turn into their mothers as they age? I had a startling realization on Easter. As a kid, I absolutely hated being dressed like my sister, yet every holiday my mom dressed my sister and I exactly alike. Now I find myself buying matching outfits for my girls to wear on special occasions. Why? They haven’t complained about it yet. Maybe I’ll stop when they do, but for now they are just too adorable when they have matching dresses on. Any advice on how to break this cycle now would be greatly appreciated.


The Easter Re-cap:
The girls got to hunt for eggs three times on Sunday and even though we were completely exhausted by the end of it all…we couldn’t ask for a better family-filled day. We started the day off with the Easter bunny egg hunt in the living room, then followed with lunch and an egg hunt at my Grandparent’s house in Marion, IN, and finally finished it off with dinner and yes, yet another egg hung at my grandma’s house in Indianapolis.


During all of that driving, I did manage to talk the driver into stopping at a few locations for a quick photo shoot while we were running around the state. One spot was an abandoned grade school just south of Marion, Indiana on highway 37…Duck Creek Grade School. The other was an abandoned motel in Elwood, Indiana. Those who’ve visited my blog before may have some idea of my obsession with abandoned buildings and the stories that they hold. Well, these unplanned stops really made my day.





Have a wonderful weekend!

~Alisa

6 comments:

Kim Caro said...

very cool photogs

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Love your photos...And don't worry one day both your daughters will turn into you...That's when you get to sit back and just smile...That is why they put "Grand" in front of Mother..We get to have a grand time just smiling...

Artsnark said...

Wonderful mix of pics! Thanks for sharing.
Oh & Moms are late because we make sure that everyone else is "ready" first

Anonymous said...

You are such a lovely beautiful family. The photo's are so good, captured so much love and warmth.
You have so many precious gifts.
Thank you so much for sharing!
Happy belated Easter!

Cindy said...

Love the shots of the buildings. I saw them over on the old photo flikr group site and followed over to your blog. I hope there are more our here :-)
Thanks for sharing!

NANCY LEFKO said...

Alisa, I love your photos...the family shots are adorable and I LOVE your black and whites...especially the motel...love the chippy old sign....

I remember being dressed the same as my older sister too...I guess it's just too dang cute to resist even all these years later, huh ???